After September 22 2011 Google will be taking action against non-compliant product feeds for Google Merchant accounts whish display products in Google Shopping. Countries that will be affected include US, UK, Germany, Japan, and France.
It is our aim to ensure that any website we produce complies with the new Google specifications. We will be making changes to the way products are entered into shopping carts and the data export from MySQL ready for import into Google Merchant Accounts. This means that Bespoke Ecommerce Website products will need to comply when entered onto your website.
If you host your website with us and it is a shopping cart then you may need to contact us for further details on how we can help keep your products in the google product search .
Please see the article below from the Google Merchant Blog.
Summary of Changes
We are confident that the new feed specifications will have a strong impact on the user experience. Below are several examples of how the feed spec is changing in the United States; please note that other countries have slightly different requirements:
Availability: We’d like a user to be able to find your products even when they are out of stock. For this reason, the [availability] status of all your items will be required.
Google Product Category: We have added a new required high-level attribute called [google product category] that contains the category of the item in Google’s taxonomy (currently only required for a select number of categories). This is in addition to the current [product type] attribute.
Images: We’re making [image link] required and we encourage you to submit up to 10 additional product images through [additional image link]. This way, you can improve the visual representation of your products.
Apparel: In order to create a better experience for product variants such as dresses or shoes that are available in multiple colors or sizes, we ask you to include information like [size] and [color] in your product feed. In addition, we require you to provide [gender] and [age group].
Data Freshness: We will continue to regularly check feeds for accuracy of pricing, availability, and general product information, and suspend accounts that that are sending stale or incorrect information. In addition, we will be introducing penalties for repeated violation of our standards.
Below you’ll find the new feed specification and policies and resources to help you prepare for these changes.
New Google Product Search feed specification
Summary of attribute requirements in table form
New Google Product Search merchant policies
Tips for submitting apparel products
List of changes to feed specification
- Benefits Of Affiliate Marketing A sole webmaster will usually not have the means, money, or time to create a product of their own. There are several ways which you can begin earning money and one of the highest paying if you are receiving traffic is affiliate marketing. It is possible to find affiliate products......
- A Few Affiliate Marketing Tips That You Should Consider How many offline businesses can you start without investing a penny and take to the six figure income? Even if you can find one, it takes many years to start making good money with it. Selling affiliate products online is a great business that can make you a lot of......
- The Secret To Making Money With Google Adsense In recent months, MySpace has generated a huge amount of publicity. This social networking site has become so popular that is reputed to be the most visited English-speaking language website in the world. While most people use MySpace to connect with friends and loved ones, there is hidden opportunity for......
- What You Can Gain From Using Feedburner If you are publishing a corporate blog that has an RSS feed, and you should be, it is important to use a service that will allow you to enhance that feed and learn from it. One of the best services out there for this is Feedburner, and it can make......
- How To Write Effective SEO Copy There are a number of various ways for growing Søgemaskineoptimering with good results in a web business. Take your market audience, for instance, you have to know them but lots of IM marketers seem to overlook doing basic research about that. The benefits of knowing your market are numerous and......
No related posts.